The Coast Guard Investigative Service (CGIS) is a federal law enforcement agency tasked with investigating criminal activity within the United States Coast Guard. CGIS operates under the Department of Homeland Security and is responsible for protecting the integrity of the Coast Guard and the safety of its personnel. In this blog, we will take a closer look at the history, role, equipment used, and location of CGIS, as well as the services offered by Bornreadyapparel.com for custom USCG design, apparel, and challenge coins.
CGIS was founded in 1915 as the Coast Guard Intelligence Section. Over the years, the organization evolved and underwent several name changes until it became the CGIS we know today. In 1986, Congress officially designated CGIS as a federal law enforcement agency, and it was placed under the newly-formed Department of Transportation. In 2003, CGIS became part of the Department of Homeland Security, where it remains today.
CGIS is responsible for investigating all crimes that fall under the jurisdiction of the Coast Guard, including fraud, drug trafficking, and human smuggling. CGIS also investigates cases of espionage, terrorism, and other national security threats that may affect the Coast Guard or the country’s maritime security. In addition to criminal investigations, CGIS also provides protective services to Coast Guard personnel and facilities, as well as providing security assessments and advice.
CGIS uses a variety of equipment to carry out its investigations, including vehicles, surveillance equipment, firearms, and forensic equipment. CGIS agents also have access to various databases and resources to assist them in their investigations.
CGIS has several offices and field offices throughout the United States and around the world. These offices are located in areas where the Coast Guard has a significant presence, such as major ports and naval bases.
Bornreadyapparel.com is a company that specializes in creating custom USCG designs, apparel, and challenge coins for Coast Guard commands all over the world. Here are ten bullet points outlining the services they provide:
- Bornreadyapparel.com offers a wide range of custom design services, including logo design, patch design, and custom illustrations.
- They use high-quality materials for all of their products, ensuring that they are durable and long-lasting.
- Bornreadyapparel.com offers a variety of apparel options, including t-shirts, hoodies, hats, and jackets.
- They offer both standard and premium printing options, depending on your needs and budget.
- Bornreadyapparel.com offers a wide range of challenge coin designs, including custom shapes and sizes.
- They can create challenge coins in a variety of materials, including brass, copper, and silver.
- Bornreadyapparel.com offers a variety of finishes for their challenge coins, including antique, polished, and matte.
- They offer fast turnaround times on all of their products, ensuring that you receive your order quickly.
- Bornreadyapparel.com provides exceptional customer service and can work with you to create the perfect design for your command.
- They offer competitive pricing on all of their products, making them an excellent choice for Coast Guard commands looking for high-quality, custom-designed apparel and challenge coins.
The Coast Guard Investigative Service plays a vital role in protecting the integrity of the Coast Guard and ensuring the safety of its personnel. CGIS uses a variety of equipment and resources to carry out its investigations, and their offices are located in areas where the Coast Guard has a significant presence. Bornreadyapparel.com provides custom USCG design, apparel, and challenge coins for Coast Guard commands all over the world, offering a wide range of services and competitive pricing.